OCCK

As I discussed in Chapter 39, prior to the March 1, 2010 phone call from Jessica Cooper my family had requested only two documents from the appropriate authorities, the Bloomfield Township Police Department and the Genesee County Circuit Court. In both instances the authorities denied the King family access to this information and then provided the information to Heather Catallo of Channel 7.

After the revitalized OCCK Task Force denied the many requests of the King family for a conference, I decided to take the matter to the public. Realizing my story would not fit into a three to five minute portion of the six o’clock news, I called my friend Judy Dieboltd at the Detroit News. Marney Keenan a reporter and Dieboltd met with me to discuss this matter. Keenan has been so intrigued by the case that she is preparing to publish a book on the entire investigation.

Keenan has advised me that she contacted Jessica Cooper for information and they had a conference in August 2012. Keenan told me that the conference took place for more than two hours. Is it another instance of law enforcement providing information to the media that is not provided to the victim?

In my two Freedom of Information Act lawsuits against the Oakland County Prosecutor, the Oakland County Prosecutor successfully denied me any information. Both the Oakland County Circuit Court and the Michigan Court of Appeals confirmed this result. If the information of the Busch investigation is exempt from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act, why did Jessica Cooper, Oakland County Prosecutor, provide this information to members of the media on at least three occasions?

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather
OCCK, Uncategorized

I could not have written this Story unless Tim’s sister, Cathy, and brother, Chris had not obtained a lead on an unidentified suspect in July 2006. In 2010, Downtown Publications, a new monthly newspaper in the Birmingham-Bloomfield Hills area, in its original issue described the Oakland County Child Killer Case including quotations from Oakland County officials. This prompted Cathy to write the attached letter to the editors dated September 30, 2010 concerning the origination of the Christopher Busch lead. Rather than provide you with second hand information, I am attaching her 6 page letter (Exhibit E) which summarizes the identification of Busch as the principal suspect. The King family is convinced that if Cathy had not called the Livonia Police Department with information on this unidentified suspect, none of this information would have been publicized. Her actions led to the title to this Chapter which I copied from a popular fiction novel publicized several years ago.

Please note that her letter is dated before my family received any documents form the public authorities regarding Tim’s murder.

Click here to view Cathy’s letter to the editors

page 1

page 2

page 3

page 4

page 5

page 6

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather
OCCK

When the Oakland County Prosecutor would not discuss the status of the investigation with me, I wrote Oakland County Sheriff, Michael Bouchard a short note in August 2012 asking for a meeting with his lead investigator. Sheriff Bouchard and I exchanged emails and I met with Deputy Sheriff, Gary Miller on August 29, 2012. Sheriff Bouchard volunteered to attend but I told him that I did not think it was necessary. No prosecutor attended the meeting.

At the meeting, Miller advised me that his office took no further action after the trace evidence at the former Busch residence did not contain anything which might relate to the four children. The Michigan State Police documents delivered to me on December 15, 2010 contain a report that a phone call had been made to the Montmorency County Sheriff dated March 19, 1977 in which a citizen reported that, Christopher Busch, a known pedophile, was at his vacant family cottage in Montmorency County with three small boys. Tim was missing from March 16 to March 22. This supports some comments I have heard over the years that the children may have been taken to a summer cottage because all four deaths took place during cold weather. My family has been further advised that the Busch cottage in Montmorency has been destroyed after April of 2008 and has been replaced by a new cottage. Is this just coincidence?

When I later discussed this matter with one of the investigators, he advised me that he requested the search warrant to be issued for both locations, but he was successful in obtaining only having the search warrant for the former residence.

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather