As I mentioned in Chapter 2, one of my two major initial concerns was the improper use of the search warrant statute by Jessica Cooper, the Oakland County Prosecutor. These concerns are outlined in Chapters 8 to 17. The following are a list of questions Cooper should answer not only to me but to the court system:
1. Since the suppression order provisions of the search warrant statute specifically states that it is not applicable to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) cases, why did you use this statute to obtain the orders from the 48th District Court (Chapter 9, Exhibits B and C) which you filed with Judges Colleen O’Brien and Wendy Potts in my FOIA cases against the Michigan State Police and your office?
2. Why are the copies of the Order Clarifying Orders of Suppression of Search Warrant and Affidavit dated April 29, 2011 and marked “A True Copy” which you filed in my two FOIA cases not identical (Chapter 9, Exhibits B and C)?
3. Why is the only copy of the above order in the 48th District Court files undated (Chapter 9, Exhibit D)?
4. Were all the renewal orders filed in the 48th District Court within 56 days of the previous order? If they were not filed within 56 days, why were any subsequent orders valid (Chapter 11)?
5. Since you obtained the April 29, 2011 order(s) from the 48th District Court in an ex parte proceeding, did you violate Rule 3.3 of the Michigan Rules of Professional Conduct which requires you to advise the court of the factual and legal positions of your opposing litigant? In this regard the 48th District Court has advised me there was no hearing or affidavit.
6. Are the facts in Chapters 8 to 17 and the accompanying exhibits true? If not, identify the untrue facts and state the basis for your contrary conclusions.
If you believe Cooper is correct in her legal positions, vote for her. If you believe the families of the victims are entitled to these answers, vote for her opponent, Mike Goetz. He has agreed to make the Oakland County files available to the King family.
Footnote: you can access this blog at “afathersstory-occk.com’. You can access specific Chapters by adding “/chapter-xx”.by